- You will learn 7 different yoga breathing techniques geared toward breathing properly and regulating your autonomic nervous system. By the end of the course you will understand what the autonomic nervous system is and its important role in regulating our body and mind's ability to handle stressful situations and to relax as well. Both are necessary for optimal health.
- The course includes 4 Modules. Each module has 4 lessons and includes an introduction, two educational lessons, and a practice lesson.
- Each module has a segment called "Train Your Brain to Retain the Yoga Skills". You will be practicing the breathing skills multiple times in each module. It's the repetition of these breathing practices that will gradually allow your autonomic nervous system to adapt to a calmer state.
- As part of the course there is a custom crafted journal for you to download and print out. This will help you remember and reinforce the practices that are most beneficial to you.
- This is a work at your own pace course. Lessons are delivered as videos for you to follow and listen to and serve as educational tools for both learning the breathing techniques and for regular practice.
- You will have on-going access to these video/audio breathing practices after the course is completed. The goal is to provide you tools and support to practice at home on a regular basis.
- You can email any questions to Nancy as needed.
- Also included is a supportive group of fellow yoga practitioners through a Facebook Group dedicated to the on-line course participants. Here you can ask and share feedback with Nancy and other like-minded individuals and helpful tips and articles will be shared with you.
Nancy Sinton is an internationally trained, certified and experienced yoga therapist. She has personally benefitted from practicing yoga for the past 20 years and has been helping people transform their lives for the past 12 years. Doctors and therapists have the confidence in Nancy's skills to recommend their patients and clients to her.